4/1/14

This Is My Name FOREVER - 1

SUBJECT: Yahweh is God's Eternal Name







"This Is My Name FOREVER" - God Himself says these words to Moses. 

I remember singing this phrase years ago in my teens and only today, I understand the meaning of these words.  This is why it is important for us to study the SHEM of God. 

This week we will explore an important revelation God wants to reveal to us through His SHEM. So important is this revelation that we will devote one week to study this important character of God.


Exodus 3:15

Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘Yahweh God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My Name FOREVER, and this is My memorial to all generations.’


When God says “This is My Name”:  
  • ‘this’ is referring to His Name Yahweh.
  • He gives us His Name at the beginning of the verse.
Exodus 3:15a “ יהוה, God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. …”
  • FOREVER means everlasting or eternal.
God’s Name has always been and always will be “Yahweh”, unchanged.

The phrases, “God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob” refer to the covenant God made with Abraham. The covenant is reaffirmed with Isaac and Jacob. The covenant includes the promise of a great name, a great nation, a blessing to all the nations, an everlasting Kingdom and a land to possess forever.


Tomorrow we will learn another important insight from this verse. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment