3/20/14

'My Name" - 3





SUBJECT: I will proclaim "My Name"





One time, Moses made a request to God: “Show me your Glory”. Exodus 33:18

Can you guess how God showed His glory to Moses?
  • You would have never guessed. 
  • God showed His glory by proclaiming His Name to Moses.

Exodus 33:19b “…I will proclaim
MY NAME, YAHWEH in your presence…”

  • Can you see how strongly God feels about His SHEM, Yahweh?
  • God could have done something else to show His glory.
  • God chose to use His SHEM to reveal His glory.


Let’s look at the entire verse of Exodus 33:18-19:

Then Moses said, "I pray Thee, show me Thy glory!" And Yahweh said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim My SHEM, Yahweh, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.


1.  God’s glory is focused in His SHEM, Yahweh.

2.  Yahweh’s glorious SHEM reveals His goodness, mercy and compassion.


This truly motivates us to call on God's SHEM, Yahweh, in prayer.

"And blessed be his glorious SHEM for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen." Psa 72:19


No comments:

Post a Comment